- Diversity and community composition of marine mollusks fauna on a mainland island of the coast of Paraná, southern Brazil. Pesquisa e Ensino em Ciências Exatas e da Natureza 2, 48-59 (2018).
- Revision des taxa malacologiques meditérranéns introduit par Antoine Risso. Annales du Muséum d’Histoire Naturelle de Nice 5, 101-150 (1978).
- More about those shells on our identification page. Hawaiian Shell News 26, 6 (1978).
- The taxonomy of some Indo-Pacific Mollusca. Part 6. Records of the Auckland Institute and Museum 15, 67-86 (1978).
- Distribution of intertidal molluscs along Tarut Island coast, Arabian Gulf, Saudi Arabia. Pakistan Journal of Zoology 48, 611-623 (2016).
Welcome to The Olivoidea (Mollusca: Gastropoda) Scratchpad
The Olivoidea ScratchPad is devoted to the neogastropod superfamily Olivoidea (Olividae, Bellolividae, Benthobiidae, Pseudolividae, Ancillariidae) with Harpidae, Babyloniidae (Muricoidea) and Colubrariidae (Buccinoidea) included but rather incomplete.
This site is very dynamic, with taxa being moved forth and back from time to time, as new information becomes available on phylogeny and taxonomy.
"The superfamily Olivoidea (Gastropoda: Neogastropoda). An illustrated chronologic catalogue of literature, taxa and type figures, 1681 to present" (3rd edition, May 2018), is available now. Click the link to go to the literature record or click the thumbnail below to download directly.
Previous version are available as well:
If you have any additions (specimen photographs, PDF's, opinions, etc.) please register and comment yourself or send an e-mail message.
May 2018. 1956 literature references; 2799 taxa descriptions; 3056 illustrations.